Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fun times

Lots of good stuff happening around here lately! Here are a few highlights:

-Girl's weekend with Katie, Megan, Liz, Suzy in the Minneapolis area 2 weekends ago. We spent the afternoon in Stillwater, MN which was so pretty. Good lunch, boutique shopping and obviously tons of good conversations :) Had a fun dinner at Chino Latino, complete with sake bombs and paper head wrap things (not exactly sure what they were but they made the sake bomb about 12 times cooler than normal). Suzy even got to partake - they made her a virgin sake bomb so baby girl Rokke would be happy too. Had a small party back at the hotel with the all you can eat snacks we found :) I'm beyond thankful for such awesome friends. It's so fun when I think that we've been friends for 20 years!

-Another girl's weekend last weekend with Mom, Laura and Bella in Crosslake, MN. It was awesome. That part of Minnesota is beautiful. We did some fun shopping, had lunch at an adorable coffee shop and relaxed by the lake. Bella was a girl's weekend rockstar and had the best time ever charming us with her cute smiles and talking/cooing. Mom picked our restaurant for that night and I was extremely skeptical (there were Christmas lights for decorations), but it turned out to be amazing. Walleye, yum. Sweet potato casserole, double yum. My favorite moment though came when Laura realized she forgot her swimsuit for the hot tub and ended up borrowing my mom's. I have a picture, but I'm quite certain Laura would kill me.

-Spent some time at Laura's last week hanging out with the girls. Went grocery shopping and Bria got one of those small carts. She thought she was the coolest thing in the world. This is what she picked out to buy: one orange, clown cookies, a loaf of bread, half and half, and a bag of popcorn. Not real sure why. She was cruising around the store like she was on a mission. It was hilarious. We also went to some farm thing for kids. There were animals all over the place, baby goats running around like dogs. It was cute, there was one goat that was obsessed with Bria's pigtails. She named the goats "Billy" (all of them). We did a big slide, she rode a pony, saw a weird emu (Bria said "I don't like that guy" when she saw it. Neither did I, it was weird.). Anyway, it was a fun day.

-Wedding events starting today with nail appointments! Ross and Kelsey's big day is on Friday! Getting very excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment