Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Grandma Day
I spent the day with my Grandma today! We looked at the flowers and produce in her garden (she eats fresh veggies from her garden every day!) and went to the new wellness center for older adults. That gym was awesome, seriously. When she goes, she just enters this electronic card into every machine and it automatically adjusts the weights for her individualized program and counts down the reps for her. It was really pretty cool. Beautiful little cafe and group fitness class area and therapeutic pool. They are looking for a consulting dietitian too, maybe something I could do until I find a full time job? Who knows? So then we went to the new Chinese buffet in Willmar. Yes, one of the 10 restaurants in town. This one is brand new and the talk of the town. My grandma is great, obviously, but she tends to have a lot of opinions and isn't afraid to speak them. As we were walking to the buffet, we passed a heavyset woman with a plate piled high with lo mein, fried rice, sesame chicken, wontons, etc. Uh oh. I knew it was coming. "Maybe if she didn't eat SO much food she wouldn't be so large" my grandma says as we walk by her. It wasn't a whisper or quiet statement to me. And it was definitely loud enough for the woman to hear. Thank goodness I was wearing a hat. I put my head down in attempt to hide my face, and just pretended that didn't really just happen. Oh grandma :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment