Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My day

Today I went to a food show with our chef and ate about every sample available. I have little to no control when it comes to buffets of delicious food, so I pretty much went all out. I had to unbuckle the top button on my pants on the drive home. Overall, it was a fun food show though. Good thing I worked out tonight :)

For the short amount of time I actually was at work today, I fired someone, had a spontaneous dance party with some ladies with Alzheimer's on the secured unit, and found out my "color" is gold. Random day, huh? The color thing was like a Myers Briggs personality type test to find out how to get along with others. I clearly wasn't excited to do this mini workshop but it turned out to be pretty interesting. So what does gold mean? I think the description fit me perfectly - I need consistency, reliability, timelines, structure, respect, organization, thoroughness and to be appreciated; I dislike disobedience; I find joy in belonging, home/family, sense of order, tradition, doing the right thing; I get stressed out by lack of follow through, irresponsibility in others, when things are not put back where they belong (this is SO true!), indecision, unanticipated change, unclear expectations; (now here's the kicker) Others may see me as rigid, stubborn, boring (ugh!), ordinated, judgmental, bossy and uptight. What do you think? People at work were surprised that I was a "gold", but I seem to think it describes me pretty well! Except, of course, as rigid and uptight ;) Actually, now that I think of it, my office partner (who is on the opposite end of the color spectrum and doesn't put things back where they are supposed to be) probably thinks this description is pretty accurate - I try not to, but I clean the office after she leaves every day....


No comments:

Post a Comment