Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter wonderland?

It's COLD in Colorado today.. My TV satellite must be frozen because my local stations are not coming in (so much for watching biggest loser tonight!), I lost power in my apartment this morning and maintenance had to stop in to the ensure hot water heaters were working.. That's seriously cold, especially for Colorado. I mean, it's not like I haven't seen cold weather before (hello Fargo/Moorhead area), but today was chilly! And it was semi disheartening that the roads were nearly empty when I was driving to my first day of work this morning and wishing I suddenly had a job that I could "work" from home!

So today was the big first day - and it went okay. I was introduced to probably 50+ employees and put on my best small talk and smiles so I'm pretty exhausted tonight. I'm not happy about the kitchen situation there and have A LOT of work to do and will need to be pretty tough with the dietary staff. I hope dietary management is short-term and soon (in the next few weeks) I can get into the clinical part. Wish me luck in managing this (what appears to be) very difficult dietary situation!!

So, to lighten the mood, I came across this great blog for "cake wrecks". Pretty funny stuff. Here's the cake that started it all apparently...

Get it?


No comments:

Post a Comment