Today I felt like I was a character on "The Office". Well, actually I also felt like Gordon Ramsey in "Kitchen Nightmares". This probably proves I watch too much TV, but let me explain..
I sat through 7 hours of orientation in a windowless room today listening to the new employee next to me snoring/sleeping through approximately 6.5 hours of the training (he woke up for lunch). I was able to watch videos on resident rights, HIPPA and harassment that were likely developed in the early 80s (yes, they were video cassettes). We also were able to read through the employee handbook, word for word. It was like a Micheal Scott meeting that lasted all day long. And, I am in the process of laying down the law in the kitchen and simultaneously trying to get the staff to like and respect me :)
Ok, it's really not that bad, I promise. But I am looking forward to the weekend - I think I had forgotten how exhausting a first week at a new job can be!
Last night I went to a Nuggets game with LeeAnn, Marie and Kristin - we had floor seats and had our own waitress - which was pretty great. I think we could have reached out and touched Bird Man but I'd guess security would probably not like that.

t.
No comments:
Post a Comment