It's going better! They hired a dietary manager (someone I had recommended - yay!) who will start in 2 weeks. I couldn't be more excited for that, because the more I get involved in the kitchen, the scarier it is. I feel like I suddenly have 15 children (aka dietary employees) that need help with everything. I mean, everything. I have no idea how they have survived like this. (I won't bore you with the details, but today I had to make a worker's comp appointment for an employee who didn't know the phone number (or where to find it) and how to call for a follow up appointment. She's 50.) I've taken about 20 trips to the dumpster and spent countless hours organizing files and binders in the office, which I actually love doing :) Maybe I should become a professional organizer now that I think of it.
So, I already know I will have many stories to come on one of my new residents.. She is a hoarder (and has Alzheimer's). They warned me on day one not to leave my office door open because she will take everything she sees and hide it in her room. I guess they clean out her room a few times a week to replace these items she finds around the building. The first day I saw her, she was taking water glasses off the tables (I think she had 4 or 5) and had made a cape out of the linen napkins and was walking back to her room. Yesterday I saw her take a stapler and paper hole puncher from the front office and today she was walking around with someone else's wheelchair and had about 15 spoons in her dress pocket. I already love seeing her around and what she could possibly be carrying with her.
Other odds and ends:
-Tonight I ate pizza and chips and guacamole as I watched Biggest Loser. I feel bad about that, but I guess it's better that last week when I ate the same dinner every night for 5 days in a row (crab cakes from Whole Foods, sauteed spinach and chocolate cheerio bars).
-I LOVE the contract dietitian that I am replacing at this job. She and I could talk for hours. I'm going to be sad when she's done, because that means I'll have a lot to do and I will miss having her to talk to. It's rare to find a cool dietitian :) There's not a lot of people I will expect to be "friends" with at this job, but a few. Everyone is really sweet to me. There is one nurse though, that I just have to mention: Kitty. Yes, her name is Kitty and she wears kitty cat nursing scrubs daily and puts her pink lipstick on the outside of her actual lips. It's disturbing, but I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point. I have yet to call her Kitty though. I mean, have you ever called a grown woman (or anyone for that matter) Kitty?
-Bachelor last night just made me more and more excited for my trip to Costa Rica next week. Too bad Brad's not in Costa Rica when we are there, but oh well. We are going to Arenal, the volcano area that they were at last night on the show. I think I better pack a rain jacket. For some reason, I don't really like Britt. Nothing I can pinpoint though. I think crazy Michelle is awful. All she wants is to "win" this show. But, I think she'll be in final 4. So will Emily and Chantal. He's not going to chose Emily in the end, but he should. She's amazing. He likes the funeral director Shawntel girl too, and so do I. Ashley the dentist is okay, she got a little crazy there for a while. There's my predictions for you :)
-Bria doesn't know it yet, but she's about to get a cute Valentine's day present in the mail... In case you haven't seen the millions of pictures I always show of her, here's another: She's such a little peanut and I love how focused she is on the TV :)

No comments:
Post a Comment