Monday, May 21, 2012

I survived!


The Mud Run! It was super hard, not going to lie. There are parts of my body I didn't even realize had muscles that are hurting today. I am thinking about quick hitting up my hot tub at my apartment before heading over to Kelli's for out weekly Monday night Bachelorette viewing parties. So it was really fun too. We ran 5 miles and did all sorts of crazy obstacles ... a slip and slide, wall climbing, river jumping, donut eating (that sucked, it was about 3 miles in and it physically hurt trying to shove a donut hole down your mouth), bouncy blow up gym, balance beams... There was a super slippery slope thing covered in oil you had to climb up. And then the mud pit in the end was pretty awesome, and very dirty. We hosed off with freezing cold water afterwards, enough to have clean hands to drink some beers and eat some food. It was a really fun weekend hanging out with Toni in Madison - what a great town. I really love Madison. We went to the farmer's market on Saturday and it was gorgeous weather. I got to try a Madison favorite - hot and spicy cheesy bread (amazing) and ate a lot of cheese curds and meat sticks. We walked around state street and went to the terrace on the campus, which overlooked the lake. Really pretty city. We spent a lot of time on Toni and Josh's awesome new deck enjoying the weather. Pretty great times. Not sure if this link will work, but it's one from the professional photographer at the race. And yes, we wore our derby girls outfits the entire race :) Picture link

No comments:

Post a Comment