Sunday, May 6, 2012

Church


This morning I went to the Basilica for church, which is one block from my apartment. It's SO pretty! I was a little nervous though, I don't really understand all the Catholic traditions, like throwing around that incense stuff, all that kneeling, and don't even get me started on the communion... Disgusting, people all drank from the same cup? What if the person right before me had mouth herpes or tuberculosis? I heard the lady in front of me hacking up a storm and then drinking out of the cup. I passed on drinking wine. The dry little wafer almost choked me up but I'd rather not get hepatitis. Or herpes.
So then I came home and decided to make myself brunch. I've never actually made an omelet before. I know, super easy, right? But I just don't make them. But this morning I made my first ever homemade omelet with mushrooms, Wisconsin smoked cheddar cheese and arugula. And had some Trader Joe's breakfast potatoes with veggies. YUM. I'm real proud of myself and pretty sure I will make more omelets in my future.
I'm having a very low key day, which is amazing and much needed. Yesterday was a shopping marathon with my mom and I had the most successful day of shopping to date. I usually don't do that well shopping; shopping sickness kicks in after about one store but yesterday I made it to 4 stores before shopping sickness set in. I bet I got 25 new things. And some new sunglasses I'm super excited about. I love that sunglasses and new clothes can make me this excited :) So today is "massive closet overhaul" day. Wish me luck.
Kelli and I went to a yummy dinner last night at the Ginger Hop in NE Mpls. Cream cheese and caramelized onion wontons, yes please! Sebastian Joe's ginger ice cream over fruit crisp.. delish.
Today may or may not be the day I sign up for match.com. I REALLY do NOT want to..... ugh. First dates? No thank you. If anyone would like to manage my profile so I don't have to do anything, that'd be great :)

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on your blog:) its been ages! The pic here is hilarious. Greg told me a while after we met that he seriously took grammatical errors into consideration with online dating. Good thing I didn't give him to much time before we met in real life!

    Still laughing out loud at the running ball sack. WOW.

    ReplyDelete