Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I got a black eye

Happy New Year!! I rang in the new year with a new black eye - ugh! I spent the weekend at a cabin up north (that's what Minnesotans do, by the way) and got a black eye playing boot hockey. It sounds really tough, but really we had the face off and within the first minute of playing I was trying to get the puck/ball and my head (well, my cheekbone) collided with a hockey stick. I thought I'd be okay, but a few seconds later this pretty shiner started showing :)  It hurt. A lot. And going to work with a big black eye hasn't been the coolest thing ever. People generally think 3 things when they see a girl with a new black eye over the biggest party weekend ever: 1. My boyfriend likes to punch me in the eye. 2. Another girl caught me when her man and she punched me. OR 3. I got really drunk and fell down. So yeah, that makes for a lot of explaining to new co-workers. Other that that, I had an exceptionally great new year's weekend. Hope you all did too  (minus the black eye, or as you can see in the second picture, today's new yellowish shine)

Yesterday (day 3 of the black eye)

Today (day 4 of the black eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment