Monday, October 25, 2010

Happenings

Fun night on Thursday celebrating both LeeAnn and Kristin's birthdays. We ended up at a dueling piano bar, which is always entertaining, especially when they find out it's someones birthday. Here's a pic of the girls being serenaded.


Sunday night was the chili cook off and vikings/packers party at Ted's. Fun night, good chili, tough vikings game though. I think my favorite chili was the white chili - chicken/white beans/corn/etc. Yum. I liked my recipe too :) Ted loved the chili my coworker made, and he'd have more leftovers if I wouldn't have spilled about 5 gallons of it in my car. On the floor mat. At least the smell of chili in my car will remind me of the fun night for weeks to come. (That, or the vikings loss)

Toni comes for a visit this Halloween weekend on Thursday night and I'm really excited to see her. It's been since her wedding that we've seen each other, which was over a year ago!
I remember the day we met, in our new apartment in Colorado Springs, the day we moved in together. I was so scared to knock on the door. Not just to leave MN but to move in with 2 girls I had never met. That first week, Toni and I got a gym membership and had a personal training session. Not a good idea for 2 midwest girls to hard core workout at altitude. I think Toni threw up in the parking lot and I nearly passed out in the bathroom. We hadn't realized how hard altitude could kick your butt yet. Nor had we realized how many calories were in Fat Tire. Freshman 15? No, we had Colorado beer 15. Anyway, that same week, we tried mountain biking on a "difficult" trail, because, well, why not? We were cool Colorado girls now. Nope. Let's just say we weren't quite ready for that. I will say though, that after a year of living there, we successfully completed our "14er" hike on Pikes Peak which was pretty amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment