Monday, October 11, 2010

Another fun weekend

I had a pretty easy week last week, which was nice and hasn't happened recently. Met some friends for happy hour Friday afternoon at Lime and then went to a classy joint called Don's Mixed Drinks for some shuffleboard. Afterwards, met Ted and some of his friends out downtown. On Saturday we spent the morning at Swanky's - a hard core Wisconsin bar - watching the Badgers/Gophers game and eating cheese curds and grilled cheese sandwiches. That evening, Ted and I went to a wedding celebration for his former roommate in Denver - the couple was really sweet, Ted knew the bride from Sioux City. A fun night! Sunday was rainy and chilly- a perfect day for watching NFL games on Ted's couch ... why? Because he sets up 2 Tv's of course, and has tight control of the remote, so we can watch pretty much every game going on.

Today I had a meeting with a new contract - an inpatient hospice facility in Lakewood. It will be interesting - sounds like I'm pretty much just "on call" for them whenever they need me and will do community consults in patient homes and at their inpatient building as well. I'm going to my first patient's home this week.

On another note- funny story from one of my nursing homes last week. A very confused guy with Alzheimer's, who walks independently and almost looks like a visitor, but has a big sign on his door - Alfonzo: this is your room (in all caps and neon paper), was in the mood to "escape" last week on my day there. I think he was planning on taking a bus to Texas, or so he said. He wanted to leave more than anything, so staff was keeping a close eye on him, but sure enough, he somehow got outside. Nurses started panicking because they couldn't find him, but what do you know, Alfonzo was back in about 2 minutes.... he had forgotten his sunglasses. (And yes, this kind of story is funny if you work in a nursing home)



No comments:

Post a Comment