Friday, December 9, 2011

Quick Update

Actually it was going to be a long update, but I got distracted. I'm at a coffee shop catching up on some stuff and I had just I decided I was due for a blog update on my life in the past few weeks when I suddenly came across the profiles/pictures of the girls on the new Bachelor season. Game over blogger, Bachelor wins.

So this week was my first real week at my new job! My brain is tired, probably from cleaning out all the cobwebs. I haven't worked in 5 months (unreal, right?). So far I'm really enjoying it. I'm designated as a clinical dietitian so that means no foodservice operation management, which is great. All of the other dietitians and diet techs I've met and will be working with are really great, so I'm excited for that. And these facilities are really nice, new and beautiful. Totally upscale senior living so you don't feel like you are in a nursing home, which is awesome.

It's been nice being in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area too. Went to the Broncos/Vikings game last weekend which was very fun. It was the first Vikings game I'd been to. I was a little bipolar in my cheering, but I wore my Vikings shirt. But I do like Tebow, I know, I know, a lot of people don't. I'm living in Kelsey's basement, so that's pretty fun :) Her cat and I are still trying to get along. Let's just say we have a mutual dislike for one another.

I'm going apartment shopping this weekend, and some Christmas shopping too. Wish me luck! I tend to get "shopping sickness" pretty quickly.. Oh, and last night we went to the Holidazzle parade. Well, we watched it a little from the bar, it was much too cold to be standing on the street watching when we had nice drinks and kept warm in the bar :)

This afternoon I was reminded how great Friday afternoons are when you work all week! Yay for my first "real" weekend! Everyday had been a weekend for me until now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment