Time sure does fly by when you start a new job! I guess I may have forgotten how busy life is when you have full time work :) I've been up to a lot of fun things that you all may not be aware of being that I haven't blogged in ages!
I'm still staying with my friend Kelsey in Plymouth, and my stay keeps getting extended. She hasn't threatened to kick me out yet, so that's a plus. Her cat, on the other hand, has a love/hate relationship with me and I'm scared of her because you just never know if today will be the day she loves you or hates you. The cat has also decided that her new favorite game is to spread my socks and underwear throughout Kelsey's house, like hide and seek. Except I don't like that game, unless it's with Bria.
I have, however, finally decided on a place to live! I just signed a year lease on an apartment right in downtown Minneapolis called Laurel Village. You can look at the link, but the pictures aren't great. I move in Feb 15. They are updating the kitchens and flooring - yay! - and I'll be on the 14th floor in the Wilson Tower. My views are of the Minneapolis skyline and Target Field, and the bedroom window views are amazing. Pictures to come when I finally move in!
This last weekend I was in Willmar having all sorts of fun with my family. Got my nails done with Grandma and Mom (thanks to my sister in law!). Spent a night at Jake and Laura's and went ice fishing (well, for like 5 minutes). Drove a go cart at my uncle's farm, saw some of my cousins and their kiddos. Watched Ross take Bella's 6 month pictures (check them out on facebook, could she be any cuter?!). She has this funny grin right now and tucks her lower lip in and gives this huge smile. She's awesome.
My job is going well. I like it. Starting a new job is a bit exhausting, not gonna lie. I feel so old when I crawl into bed at 10pm, or like last night 9:45. I know it will get easier once I feel like I understand everything better.
Random side note, I went to Whole Foods on my way home tonight. I wanted to get a salad, so that I could eat 5 Christmas treats after the salad (Mom, Kelsey and I had a major baking spree on Sunday). I was wholeheartedly disappointed with their prepared food department, well, actually the entire store. I must have gotten completely spoiled with the one in Lakewood, right next to my old place. Sad face, some days I really miss Denver!
The weather in Minnesota has been fabulous. It feels like Denver actually! I love a white Christmas, but I can't complain about 40-50 degree days in MN in December.
Merry Christmas week to you all! I can't wait for this weekend! I absolutely love this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment