Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snakes

If anyone somehow did not know this about me - I am absolutely 100% terrified of snakes. It creeps me out just to write the word "snakes". So Laura texted today to let me know that Bria found and touched a snake in their yard today. OMG. One of my biggest fears is that someday I will have children that like finding snakes. Anyway, I'm telling this story because it reminds me of the first time I saw a snake at Jake and Laura's place. I was mowing their grass, and so was my dad (they have a huge yard). All of a sudden I realized I had run over a snake and I just screamed bloody murder and took off running (at my personal best running speed) to the house (with the mower still running). Then Jackson the dog got excited and bit the snake. So now I'm screaming and running and Jackson is running after me with a half dead snake in his mouth. Then mom and Laura see this and start screaming and running to the house. Now there are 3 of us screaming and running at dead sprints and we lock ourselves in the house right in the nick of time because Jackson is quickly approaching with the snake in his mouth. Oh my poor dad who had to "rescue" all of us screaming girls and get Jackson to ditch the snake. I think I remember my mom saying later that she didn't even see the snake, she was just screaming and running because I was. I think I had suppressed this memory until today...wow - that would have made for an excellent video. Anyway, let's hope Bria never touches a snake again :)

1 comment: