Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chocolate truffles

Tonight I made 200 truffles at work (well, 198 after I ate 2 of them). I was pretty proud of myself. Tomorrow we are hosting a large marketing event - an upscale happy hour - to show off the new rehab center part of the nursing home where I work. The chef and I created a pretty sweet menu for the event. Today she trusted me enough to make the truffles and tzatziki sauce. Tomorrow is going to be a huge day. I get to wear a chef apron all day...pretty exciting :) And eat some pretty great food too.

Got an email survey from Delta today asking about how I was treated when my flight on Sunday was canceled. Thought that was kinda funny - doubt they get too many positive comments from travelers when a flight is canceled. I did have a really fun weekend away ;) I sat in front of a kid with tourette's syndrome who snorted like a pig the entire flight (not a professional diagnosis of course, but seriously who does this?). Saw a lot of travelers wearing fanny packs and, my favorite, a passport holder thing on a domestic flight. She was traveling from MI to CO, so I know for a fact she didn't need the passport holder. She also told me her entire life story and marveled at how many people used cell phones. I tried faking a nap, but she kept talking. Also, I fell at the airport carrying all of my luggage. I'm super clumsy, which most of you know, but it was awful. A lot of people saw it. My stuff went everywhere. Dang it. I need to work on my coordination :)




No comments:

Post a Comment