Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some days...


Today I had one of those days - ate a chocolate chip muffin on my way to work. Smeared chocolate all over my coat. Spilled my coffee on my pants. Had my zipper open. In front of all my dietary staff - and not just open, but WIDE open. When I finally noticed and said "Oh my goodness, how long has my zipper been open??" and they all just laughed. Then someone pooped in front of my office door and I almost stepped on it. Yes, this is all for real. I feel awful for the poor - sick - resident who pooped by my office, but seriously, there was a squirt trail from where she was sitting in front of my office back to her room. Some days, working in a nursing home can be pretty interesting :) Sorry, I can assume that's a pretty gross story, but stuff like this becomes normal work conversation unfortunately! This reminds me of one of my absolute favorite books when I was a kid - remember mom? Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Loved that book :)

Last weekend was fabulous. I caught up on some much needed sleep after I got a pretty nasty cold last week. I tried theraflu tea on Friday night and realized it said 'nighttime' but didn't think that'd mean I'd fall asleep 10 minutes after drinking it. So I made it through about the first 20 minutes of a movie before crashing on my couch at about 8:30pm. Pretty wild night :) Had a yummy brunch on Sunday at Beatrice and Woodsley, which was a pretty cool place. Hung out with Rob, Jen, Cole and Lily at the zoo all afternoon. It was so nice outside this weekend! I pretty much fell in love with the 3 baby giraffes ;)

I tried to take a picture from my patio tonight of the wildfire burning near Golden but it didn't turn out very well. It's crazy - feels very close. I can see the smoke from my patio and it's very hazy and cloudy. And sooo windy which is obviously pretty bad for the fire.

Oh, and today I realized I might like coconut after all. (In case anyone has been anxiously awaiting this exciting news!) I've always said I hated coconut. Today I tried a homemade macaroon only because it was covered in chocolate and, wow, it was amazing. And now that I think about it, I recently finished off a box of samoas - thank you girl scouts - and those have coconut. What a revelation! I may be down to only one true food dislike now. Stay tuned..

Picture of Cole and Lily at the zoo:



No comments:

Post a Comment