Monday, November 22, 2010

Birthday Week

It's been a bit of a whirlwind of a week with all of my birthday celebrations, all of which have been amazing, of course. I have decided that I like being 30. It's just a number after all, and I don't feel like I could possibly already be 30. I still remember when my high school girls and I talked about planning a "big" trip for when we turn 30 (back when we were about 18)...seemed ages away and now we have plane tickets and are making lists of things we absolutely must do in Costa Rica.
Anyway, spent a fabulous day at Tall Grass spa in Evergreen on my birthday, went shopping, had a crazy amount of fun at Sushi Hai for dinner and ended it with a little karaoke (reminding me yet again: I should never, ever sing in public). Ted took me out for a birthday dinner and date night on Friday night and on Saturday we headed up to Black Hawk - the Ameristar casino - with friends for football watching, black jack, craps, buffet eating, etc. It was pretty great :)
Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness ... I left my cell phone charger at the hotel in Black Hawk and after being frustrated on hold with their lost and found department for nearly 10 minutes, I was able to talk to a lady who could locate my charger. I asked her to send it to me, she said it'd be nearly a week and they would charge me $15 for shipping. I said fine, gave her my address, and she paused then said she'd bring it to me tonight if I met her at the bus stop at 8:30pm where she'd be coming from work (right near my place). She wanted to save me the money and get me the charger as quickly as possible. So, I met her. Yes, I was scared to meet a total stranger in the dark at a bus stop, but she was so sweet. It's a reminder to me to find a way every now and then to make another person's day easier and happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment