We celebrated my Dad's birthday on Friday at Zorbaz with pizza, beer and lots of family and loudness. Oh, and chocolate cake, of course. Laura and Bria did a pretty sweet job on this cake. My birthday gift to Dad: a tshirt that says "No More Mr. Nice Guy". We'll see if he actually wears it :)
I went to a community wide indoor garage sale at 7:30am Saturday morning with my mom and sister. It was terrible. I hate garage sales. It was early, it smelled bad and everything was gross. I almost bought one of these VHS recorded from tv movies though. $0.25, you can't beat Home Alone on VHS with commercials for that price.
Then I went to a benefit for a high school friend of mine whose 2 children have extensive medical issues. It was great - such a good turnout and yummy waffles and good silent auction stuff. Saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time who all asked the same questions: How do you like living in Minnesota now? (It's good) Do you miss Colorado? (YES) Are you married yet? (No but hopefully one day) (The joys of small towns .. hehe) Met up with my high school girlfriends and had an afternoon of fun hanging out with them and all their babies :)
Bria and Bella are a riot. Played with them all weekend and even got a solid 2 hour nap in with Bria this afternoon... I fell asleep reading to her I'm pretty sure. Bria abbreviates everything. Her new cool underwear had Cinderella on them: "Bria, who is on your cute new undies?" "Oh, that's Cindy." We call Bella a stinker sometimes and now Bria calls her "Stinks". "Have you seen Bella?" "Oh, stinks? Yeah, she's over here."
.JPG) |
| Garage sale junk. Clearly, I'm ecstatic. |
.JPG) |
| Don't everyone jump at once. Recorded movies for a quarter. |
.JPG) |
| Becker the puppy does damage in the garage. He was in the picture but is completely incapable of sitting still for one second even. This was minutes before he chased a neighbor and I ran so fast I nearly had a heart attack. |
.JPG) |
| I may have forgotten to smile. |
 |
| Dad's birthday! |
 |
| YUM. |
No comments:
Post a Comment