Bria, naked (in the middle of yet another wardrobe change from dress to swimsuit), on the boat hides under a towel and then comes out and looks at us.
Laura. "Did you just go potty Bria?"
Bria. Pointing at a puddle on the boat carpet. "I peed. Sorry about that Grandpa."
Talking to Mom on the phone:
Mom. "Why is my phone beeping?"
Me. "You are getting another call."
Mom. "Really? Oh."
Me. "You better look who it is and answer."
Mom. "Oh, I gotta go. I'm getting another call from Ross."
Bria is smart, obviously. I mean, she is my niece. But she is having a bit of grammatical trouble right now with using "he" versus "him". So if I ask where Jackson the dog is, she will say "Him in kennel" instead of "He is in the kennel". So we were reading a book the other night and this is what our conversation was:
Bria. Pointing at a little boy on the boy. "Him is going to the store."
Me. "No Bria, we say "HE is going to the store, not HIM is going to the store."
Bria. Looks at me with a weird look on her face, then pauses.
Me. "So, HE is going to the store.."
Bria. Points at the boy again. "Well HIM is going with too."
Attempted a run with Bria in the stroller yesterday.. I started to walk and Bria yelled for me to keep going fast. Who knew she doubles as a personal trainer?
No comments:
Post a Comment