Friday, August 12, 2011

Go cobbers (and more)

My parents and Ross and I went to the Cobber corn feed last night in Willmar. I think I had forgotten just how much I love good ole' Concordia College because it's been so long since I've been involved in any type of Cobber event. There were new grads and old grads proudly wearing their cobber rings, little kids with Kernel tattoos (if you've never seen a cob of corn as a mascot before, check this out: Fear the Ear), and even a corn eating contest. I'm going to have to make it up to Concordia sometime this fall for a football game... It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since I graduated!


We had a bridal shower for Kelsey the other night. You know the drill: cake, punch, games, small talk, watching the bride-to-be open her gifts. I just saw the wedding invites and they are super pretty! I'm still practicing walking in my monster heels for the big day... I'm already picturing a future blog - "I tripped walking down the aisle at Ross and Kelsey's wedding..."

Last night we went to the Kandiyohi County Fair. Wow, so many memories.. It's a little known fact to many of my friends, but I was indeed in 4-H and was maybe even the 4-H president. I baked bread, made table settings, sewed dresses, made posters on anything and everything ("Which cereal is best for you?" and "How to make playdough") and did demonstrations - nobody will ever beat us in our napkin folding skills, right KTJ? We grilled burgers wearing paper hats and worked at the 4-H foodstand and then would show off our clothing skills in the fashion show. Man, we were cool. But seriously, every time I think of the fair now, I think of me and Laura, Katie and Beth somehow having the most amount of fun we could imagine during the 4 days of the fair. Last night we stopped by my Dad's buildings - it's the first time in 35 years that he hasn't been in charge of the children's barnyard and FFA building. Even though I was full, I still got an ice cream cone at the dairy barn :)

Pictures from the bridal shower:

Games

More Games

Gift Opening - Bria loves anything having to do with presents

The beautiful Bride-to-be



No comments:

Post a Comment