Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Day

I thought I had a fairly uneventful day today but maybe not..

This morning as I was sitting at the nurse's station to do some charting, I looked up to see the unit manager get a hair tie stuck near the top of her head. It was really tangled up. The next thing I knew she grabbed a huge scissors off the desk and cut it out of her hair. I freaked out - she cut this huge chunk of hair out right on top!! Are you kidding me? She saw the look on my face and burst out laughing and said "Karen, relax! It's not my hair - I'm getting a new hair piece tomorrow anyway!" A. I never would have guessed that was a "wig" B. Brings back memories of the many times I cut dolls, Barbies and my own hair as a kid :) That was a little scary.

I announced to the dietary team at work today that my last day at work is July 8. They are all still in a little bit of shock. My favorite cook got tears in her eyes... sad! I will miss everyone at work and am so thankful that my co-workers have been so supportive and nice to me as I am counting down my last days there! I spent a while today just visiting and talking to some of my favorite elders. 15 days left of work!

Bella is sleeping at home tonight for the first time! Jake and Laura brought her home this afternoon. My parents made it in time to still see Bella in the hospital after their long journey back to Minnesota yesterday and have been giving me updates and sending pictures all day. She is such a peanut. And really stinkin cute :)

I got a speeding ticket in the mail today. Dang it. I hate those hidden vans with cameras. I wonder if I should protest it because you can hardly see my face, unlike the one I got a few years ago where you can clearly see me talking on my cell phone and not paying attention. Oops.


Tonight for dinner I had: hummus and pita chips, pickle roll ups and raisin bran cereal. Pretty soon I'm going to be having a glass of red wine and some oreos and milk. That's just plain weird and I'm not really sure why that's what I decided to eat tonight.

Eli and LeeAnn dropped off Lola tonight, and I'm going to be dog sitting for her all weekend. So far, she's been following me around nonstop, wandering throughout my apartment like she's a little lost, icing people we walk by who try to pet her, and now she's sleeping in my closet. She's a pretty funny dog. She's very calm and chill for a lab.



No comments:

Post a Comment