Thursday, September 6, 2012

2 down, 3 to go

Dates the last 2 nights, one tonight, tomorrow and the next day. UGH. I know, I did this to myself, but man dating is a lot of work.

Tuesday night's was a repeat, a second try, a one last "let's see if this gets better" type of night. The highlights: excellent dinner at one of my favorite places (The Butcher and the Boar) which is right across from where I live. Pork chops, lobster grilled cheese, wild rice, good wine. The low lights: he shaves his entire body, and NO, he's not a swimmer or a biker. He just is really pretty and likes to look nice (??). And he has a cat. By himself. A grown man, shaves his body (arms, everything), owns a cat he talks about often, told horribly boring stories and fluttered his eyes in a strange way. Oh, and he's moving into a place with his gay friend. That's cool and all, but I think he's probably moving in with his gay friend to be his lover. Really solid chance this guy has not quite figured out his sexuality yet.

Last night was new guy. I was full of hope for this manly man.. he used to live in Alaska, built his own house, snowboards, lived in Denver for a short time. We had a lot to talk about, but here's the issue. Well, there were a few. One, he had braces. Yep, let that sink in for a minute. It was just not was I was expecting, nor did I think he would be so small. Like 5'9" maybe? His profile needed a warning "objects may appear smaller than normal" (and "objects also wear braces").. So we got to talking about random match.com stories and I brought up going out with a guy who shaves his arms and legs.

Insert foot in mouth. This guy shaves his arms and legs and entire body as well.

I'm off for #3 date of the week. He's a new one too. Let's hope it goes well.

I do have a current front runner right now. When I'm actually interested in them, I get nervous to talk about them so you'll have to stay posted. He's cute, sweet, really funny and a teacher. Who doesn't love a man who teaches 6-8th grade English? so cute :)


No comments:

Post a Comment