I did it! I'm so excited to have completed my first TRI! Here's the run down. I've been running a lot, biking not much and I swam twice in the lake this summer. I was not quite fully trained, but I was feeling pretty good.. I knew it would be a challenge regardless :) I did just sign up for it 2 weeks ago.
I woke up to 50-some degree rainy weather. Hmm. As I waited for my group of swimmers to start, my toes literally froze. I got water all up in me and people bumping into me all over the place (possibly a minor panic attack), but I survived the swim and did much better than expected actually. Now.. the hardest part for me.. 14 mile bike ride with my mountain bike. I think I did double the work and twice the pace of those darn road bikers. Next time I will have a road bike for sure. Got off my bike and felt like my legs were cemented to the ground. After about a half mile, my legs started feeling better though (thank goodness), and I kicked some butt on the run. All I could think about the last half mile was how excited I was going to be after I crossed the finish line :)
Thanks to my good cheer team for popping up in random places along the race too!
Afterwards, you ask? Hot tub to warm up, a nap, a movie (The Campaign - it was funny!), and a DQ Blizzard.
 |
| Finish Line |
 |
| Race Bib |
 |
| Dorkiest and Best Picture Ever |
 |
| Ready to warm up |
 |
| Waiting for the start |
 |
| Freezing with Jessie and her friend Laura |
 |
| The swim ... |
 |
| Running to my bike |
 |
| Bria helped cheer me on |
 |
| Laura, Gina and Bella cheering us out of the water |
No comments:
Post a Comment