Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stories

I've had a lot of great stories lately, but as I finally sit my butt down for the first time today I just realized how incredibly tired I am. It's pouring rain and thundering outside, which makes for a pretty decent 9:30pm Sunday night bedtime :)
I've been on all sorts of interesting match.com dates lately. I still can't really believe I'm actually online dating. Weird. But seriously, wow, there are some interesting people in this world. Right now I'm working on narrowing things down, it got a little overwhelming ;) I met 4 dudes for dates in 2 days last weekend. Ugh. It was like I was a high school football player doing 2 a days. I felt like Emily Maynard, just with smaller boobs and less money. The easiest one to weed out was the dude who wanted to go for a walk around Lake Calhoun, mainly to see me wear spandex workout pants. (He really said that, yes. By the time I knew that it was too late to ditch). Later in the week he texted me instead of a different girl, who the text was clearly meant for. I sent a quick text back letting him know he should probably resend to the right girl, just out of courtesy, right? That's about the time I figured out he was bipolar, sending me texts that varied from "I would never date a girl like you who is below me looks-wise" to "I can't understand what happened, I was really interested in you and you seem like a great girl". Poor guy has a lot of issues.
In other news, this weekend reconfirmed my decision that moving to Minnesota has been absolutely a great choice for me. Just a really solid weekend with my family (celebrating Bella's birthday on Friday night) just hanging out in Jake and Laura's backyard on the lake, baby shower with old and new friends for my good friend Kim, birthday party for Kelsey in her backyard and today hanging out around the lakes in Minneapolis. This is a great town. But, I'm not going to lie when I say my heart hurt a little when I read Jess's blog tonight and saw a picture of my Denver favorites all having fun times together. Wow, I miss Denver but I am so glad to live here :)

1 comment:

  1. Certainly spandex man had to be a total Brad Pitt lookalike to think you were below him in the looks department. I'd say he was God's Gift To Women but I already met him - 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete