It's amazing to think it's been 3 months without a job. I kinda love it, but my bank account doesn't love it quite as much :) I'm busy every day, but with some of the most random stuff. Today, for example, I baked 75 potatoes for my sister and cut every one of them in half and scooped out the potato part for twice baked potatoes (yes, that would be 150 twice baked potatoes). She's in this cooking group that meets monthly to make a month's worth of freezer meals and this was her prep work. Oh, that and cutting 6 cups of onions. Being that she is slightly more busy than me, I offered to help her out ;)
This past weekend was a good time, Laura came down to Willmar with the girls. We went to a high school football game (Willmar's homecoming game - gotta love the atmosphere of small town HS football!), picked pumpkins at my uncle's farm, pet the baby calves, got fresh chicken eggs, went hiking at Sibley State Park (hiked Mt. Tom, Willmar's highest point...I think the elevation is less than 1,400ft.), had a picnic and bonfire at my parent's land, cheered on the vikings first win of the season, ate my mom's famous apple pie :)
It's interesting to think about how different my life has been recently from my life in Denver. Living in a small town is definitely different, not having a job, again, very different. It's really been a nice break though overall, very relaxing. I am looking forward to finding a job soon though, and moving to the Minneapolis area. I'm starting to get more serious about my job search and putting more time and effort into my search. Until then, I will keep doing random stuff every day, hang out with my family and enjoy how lucky I am to NOT have a job right now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment